Thank you, Boulder, for your open hearts and generosity!
A recent report shows that the number of seniors in the U.S. who are threatened by hunger has doubled since 2001. One in six seniors in America face the threat of hunger, and the number continues to grow.
Can you imagine a situation where food security is a frequent worry? When you invest in Meals on Wheels of Boulder, you provide support for our vulnerable elderly and disabled neighbors and help create a community where everyone ages well.
We've been serving in Boulder for over forty-five years. With your help, we’ll continue to give the gift of many meals for many years to come.
OR, check out our home page to see how you can support us by attending our various events in the community!
- We prepared and delivered or served more than 88,000 meals in 2015.
- Perhaps just as important as the meal, our volunteers make friendly, caring contact with our clients every single day.
- We receive NO federal or state funding.
- More than 120 volunteer drivers deliver over 250 hot meals daily, 5 days a week, year-round.
- 33% of our home delivery clients are under age 59, 36% are age 60-79, 31% are over age 80.
- More than 38% of our home delivery clients cannot afford to pay more than $1 per meal. Some can pay nothing at all.
- In 2015, nearly 350 volunteers donated well over 15,000 hours of their time. Valued at $22.50 per hour in Colorado, the cost to hire staff to fulfill our mission would have been almost $400,000!
- Since its inception in 2007, Project Homecoming, our award-winning hospital-to-home transition program, has provided more than 4000 FREE MEALS to individuals returning to their homes following a hospital stay.
We can't do it without you! Individual donations like yours make it possible for us to provide hot meals, friendly smiles and warm hellos for our neighbors in Boulder who need them. On behalf of our clients, thank you!
When you make an investment of ...
- $40 -- you provide meals for someone for an entire week.
- $160 -- you provide meals for someone for an entire month.
- $475 -- you provide meals for someone for three months.