MEALS ON WHEELS OF BOULDER
Our Mission: To provide nutritious meals to residents
of our community who need and want our service, regardless of age or income.
In 2016 ...
- Prepared and delivered or served 77,112 meals in 2015 - more than 66,000 meals to our home delivery clients and nearly 11,000 meals to guests at Cafe Classico.
- Received NO federal or state funding.
- 375 volunteers helped pack and deliver 250 hot meals five days a week, year round, driving more than 106,158 miles and giving well over 15,000 hours.
- Served lunch to 40-60 guests each weekday at Café Classico.
- 50-75 guests enjoyed dinner (and often a program) each Tuesday evening at Café Classico.
- Delivered to 677 clients and served more than 1300 unduplicated cafe guests.
- 86% of our home delivery clients are 60 years or older.
- 38% of our home delivery clients cannot afford to pay more than $1/meal.
- Since its inception in 2007, Project Homecoming, our hospital-to-home transition program, has provided more than 4000 FREE MEALS to individuals returning to their homes following a hospital stay. (The service is available throughout virtually all of Boulder County through partnerships with other local Meals on Wheels programs.)